Monday, September 17, 2007

So Tonight We Went to City Hall...


...and, as usual, Bill captured a good part of it on celluloid. We, and when I say we I really mean Mike McKeehan, brought before the Mayor and City Council of Wyandotte a resolution to end U.S. military action in Iraq. Mike worked countless hours to obtain over 1400 resident signatures in support of the resolution and made his (our) case most eloquently tonight at the City Council Meeting. It's late and I'm too exhausted to go into all the details at the moment, but suffice it to say it was a resounding success. Many thanks to Mike and everyone who stood with us tonight. The whole experience was quite something, and I'm still processing it. With that, I'll leave you with a few photos...
(Click on any photo for a larger version)





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey mom!! Thanks for making me go. It was definately something I was glad to be a part of!!
Love Leslie

poe said...

~8: )
You're welcome! I'm really glad you went too.

Love,

Mom ~: )

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us know of this through Carnacki's Happy Story diary, poe. I wish you would do a formal diary on it, you already have all the content and all of the pictures! (Just please post in Top Comments and let us know you diaried it, so we can visit and recommend it!)