Sunday, October 21, 2007

This Week in Protesting...

We had a really good crowd today. I want all of you to know that I think you're an amazing bunch of people, so dedicated to doing whatever you can to bring our troops home. Many of you I have known for a long time, but I've also met a lot of wonderful new people who I never would have met if it wasn't for our protest. For that I am grateful, because in these troubled times it's easy to feel alone. Thanks to all of you, I don't anymore. I hope the same is true for you as well.

This week and last we were joined by some of the wonderful folks from the Michigan Emergency Committee Against War and Injustice. There seems to be a lot of interest in sending a contingent from our group to join their mass protest in Detroit next Saturday. Since the timing conflicts with our own protest I will remain here, but it would be great if we could have a sizable presence there as well. Our movement becomes stronger when we join with others in neighboring communities, and mecawi i
s a large active group that has been at this a long time. Check out their website here. I will post complete details, ride share information, etc. later, but do think about it and check back here. I would be thrilled if we could send a group to represent us.

Enjoy the pics from today yesterday, and as always, many thanks to Bill and Nancy. And for the record, the problem with posting the pics was with Blogger , not me! P.S. Please sign my petition to The Young Turks radio show here to support and promote protesters everywhere!
(Click on any photo for a larger version.)

















No comments: