Saturday, November 24, 2007

ALL WE ARE SAYING, IS GIVE PEACE A CHANCE...

What an amazing turnout today! It was one of those winter mornings that I was tempted to cuddle up with a hot coffee and a good book, so I admit I dragged my feet about getting out to protest. But I'm so glad I did...lots of great new people, guitar strummin' and singing peace songs, and a real sense of unity and purpose. Congressman Conyers was there - is he a regular now? It was great to watch him interact with everyone, especially the younger people, who I overheard asking some very informed questions. (You know who you are!) I give him credit for showing up to support us - I know he heard from a lot of you exactly what you think! That's a good thing, and while it's his job to listen to us, most of our reps in Washington are not nearly so accessible, so I appreciate his willingness to listen and even take some heat. I'm so proud to stand with all of you each week...you renew my faith in people and in our country, and with the awesome show of young people lately, I'm inclined to be hopeful for the future.

Lots of really good pictures from today - thanks Bill and Nancy - you guys are amazing! It was even harder to choose than usual, so I'm just posting a ton of them. Click on any photo for a larger view. Thanks everyone - see you next week! Peace, Pam
































3 comments:

Anonymous said...

John Conyers showed up for another photo op.... too bad he doesn't put any of the photos on his own website or even mention that he goes to the protest.

poe said...

Well which is it? Either it's a photo op or it's not. If it was he'd put up the photos on his website, but as you say, he does not. So it really can't be that. Maybe he just likes to be out among the people he represents in Washington. That's a lot more than most reps do. Whatever. He's always welcome. He can tell people he comes or not, use the photos or not. It's not an issue for me either way, as it apparently is for you. The question is, why do you care?

Lizzy said...

The violent Redicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007 has already passed the House - contact both MI senators asap - this is a terrible TERRIBLE law which MUST be stopped!