Friday, June 13, 2008

A Sunday Morning Void ...

58 year old Tim Russert, NBC News Washington Bureau Chief and long time moderator of Meet the Press, passed away suddenly this afternoon while working on his Sunday show. He was respected by most, and while I occasionally threw something at the tv while he was on, it wasn't often, and I usually appreciated his work. My condolences to his family, friends, and colleagues, who find themselves in the excruciating position of covering this breaking news while dealing with their own grief. Tim had just returned from a vacation with his family in Italy in celebration of his son Luke's graduation from Boston College. I'm sure the memories of that trip will be cherished forever by his wife and son. And I'm sorry that he didn't get to finish out this election season, the thing he loved most of all after his family.
Timothy John Russert, Jr. May 7, 1950 - June 13, 2008

Rest in Peace, Mr. Russert

No comments: